GreenVest seeks a full-time Ecosystem Restoration Specialist to be based out of GreenVest’s Annapolis office. GreenVest seeks an energetic and diverse candidate with experience in project/program management, restoration ecology with an emphasis on stream restoration, regulatory compliance and permitting for restoration projects, fluvial geomorphology and/or aquatic system biology (wetlands, lakes, streams, etc.) construction estimating and oversight. The ideal candidate must possess experience in one or more of the following:
- Ecosystem restoration with a focus on riverine systems
- Identifying, planning, designing, and permitting ecosystem and stream restoration projects
- Practical experience in restoration ecology, fluvial geomorphology, stream and/or aquatic biology including stream functions and functional assessment and the practical application of hydrologic and hydraulic theory
- Field data collection and sampling techniques including monitoring well and stream gauge installation, automated data logger operation, GPS based sampling, and data collection and reduction
- Landscape design and/or land planning
- Green infrastructure and/or stormwater management design and implementation,
- Knowledge of state, federal and regional regulatory compliance related to aquatic ecosystem restoration, Forest Conservation, mitigation and/or TMDL/MS4 compliance (Maryland experience preferred)
- Ecosystem restoration construction oversight, including: construction cost estimating, contract administration, construction quality control, and soil erosion and sediment control inspection and compliance
Strong organizational, research and technical writing skills are required. Ability to work in challenging outdoor settings is mandatory. Must be able to work in team settings as well as independently with minimal supervision and direction. People skills must include the ability to work in team settings, communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, and devotion to the profession. Desirable software skills include PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, ArcMap and basic AutoCAD. The level of experience can range from three (3) to eight (8) years, with a positive attitude and love of the outdoors and all things water.
The successful candidate must be dedicated to technical excellence, and adhere to GreenVest’s core values of vision, performance and results. Salary and benefits would be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and skills.
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org