GreenVest seeks a full-time Corporate Counsel to be based out of GreenVest’s Bowie, MD office. GreenVest is an entrepreneurial, land-based, resilience and restoration practitioner focused on developing ecological assets. We are a widely recognized expert in fully delivering fixed-price, resilient, nature-based solutions. While we are a for-profit company, our goal is to restore and conserve the environment not only to improve habitat and water quality but quality of life.
The Corporate Counsel will be part of GreenVest’s in-house legal team and will report to and work closely with GreenVest’s General Counsel to provide the company with sound legal and strategic guidance on all matters including contracting and contract compliance, business development support, risk assessment and mitigation, regulatory expertise, corporate governance, and land contracting and acquisition.
GreenVest is a dynamic and collaborative work environment. The successful candidate must be able to work in team settings as well as independently on multiple projects concurrently. Additionally, the successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills, be an agile critical thinker and problem solver, be energetic and self-motivated with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the following skills and experience:
Minimum Skills & Experience:
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials
- Membership in one of the following bars required within one (1) year of beginning employment: Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia, or Pennsylvania
- Passionate about ecological restoration, sustainability and resiliency
- Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to collaborate with multiple business units on deliverables under tight deadlines
- Must enjoy being challenged across a wide range of tasks
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Entrepreneurial and willing to roll up one’s sleeves to accomplish desired results
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with clients, landowners and subcontractors
- Providing advice on and interpretation of contract requirements to management and General Counsel
- Ensuring compliance with contractual requirements
- Legal support on land and financing transactions
- Strategic advice and creative problem-solving regarding business opportunities
- Analyzing solicitation terms and conditions and advising on how to mitigate risk
- Legal and regulatory research and related environmental permitting and regulatory compliance support
- Educating GreenVest personnel about key legal and regulatory requirements, policies and best practices
- Determining and assuring adherence to corporate governance best practices
Strong organizational, research and technical writing skills are required. Prior experience in a corporate setting is preferable. Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks are crucial.
GreenVest is an equal opportunity employer. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and skills. Details of the GreenVest benefits package will be shared with qualified candidates and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Recent Posts