Thank you for your interest.
GreenVest prides itself on being a leader in the ecosystem services space. We proactively generate restoration based opportunities by matching funding sources and clients’ needs with sites that require restoration. At GreenVest, our team shares a passion for, and commitment to, ecological restoration with a focus on water and habitat quality that drives us to excel each day. Our company’s core focus is on water resources and the restoration of ecosystem functions and services. Our unique land based approach restores, and permanently preserves, the environment one site at time contributing to environmental protection, ecosystem health, community resiliency influencing the quality of life for our generation and those to come. Our team’s varied and unique background includes environmental science, restoration ecology, biology, land management and planning, construction and construction management, real estate acquisition, legal, finance, economics, and professional writing. This diversity allows GreenVest to control all aspects of restoration work. Our team utilizes its wide range of skills to complete our projects to the highest standard to ensuring we achieve sustainable environmental restoration.
At GreenVest, our greatest asset is the people who comprise our team. We aspire to promote innovation in a highly collaborative team setting while supporting individual professional growth and success, rewarding passion, dedication and tenacity. As we grow, we continue to seek talented and dedicated individuals who possess not just the experience and skills but a shared passion for the environment; individuals who can help the firm maintain our level of excellence and hard-earned reputation for implementing high quality restoration. We seek those who can bring something innovative to the GreenVest team helping us evolve in pace with this growing and changing market space.
GreenVest maintains and active internship program in both our Denville, NJ and Annapolis, MD offices. We are consistently seeking individuals who have a passion for ecosystem restoration and all things water related. We encourage the application of academic knowledge to the development of professional skill and experience in the design and implementation of ecological restoration projects. We strongly support innovation and strive to stay on the cutting edge of restoration science and technique. Our internships provide unique hands on experience from site identification through construction which promotes an intimate understanding of ecological function and what can be accomplished given a sites individual constraints and opportunities. Many of our past internships have led to full time salaried positions within the firm. All of our internships have resulted in educational and career development by learning from experienced restoration, real-estate, finance and legal practitioners.
We encourage third and fourth year undergrads as well as those pursuing higher degrees to submit a Curriculum Vitae accompanied by a cover letter detailing your level of interest for consideration. We accept CV’s on an ongoing basis.
Please submit a digital copy of your resume with a cover letter describing your interest in GreenVest and what you can bring to the team either in response to an opening below or on an unsolicited basis. Please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT OPENINGS – Updated 2/15/19
GreenVest seeks a full-time, project level, GIS Specialist to work in the challenging and rewarding field of ecosystem restoration. We are looking for an energetic candidate with geospatial analysis and mapping experience in the field of environmental design/planning particularly in the area of ecosystem restoration. This position would be based in GV’s Bowie, Maryland Office.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources, Environmental Science, Ecology, Geography, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or related
- 3-5 years professional GIS experience using ESRI ArcMap and full familiarity with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst
- (GIS coursework not considered professional experience).
- Proven ability to organize, analyze, and process geospatial data and produce accurate and visually appealing cartographic
- Experience configuring and uploading data into field-collection instruments, like handheld GPS and Total Station units, and downloading and post-processing the collected datasets.
- Familiarity with Mid-Atlantic political and physical geography, especially in
- Ability to work in outdoor
- Effective communication, organization and technical writing skills with high standards of quality.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience using AutoDesk Civil 3D (particularly Map 3D) with the ability to move data fluidly to and from
- Experience in field data collection and sampling techniques including ecological inventories, monitoring well and stream gauge installation, automated data logger operation/installation, GPS based sampling, and data collection and
- Experience developing web-based
- Experience using model-builder to develop repeatable
- Working knowledge of Python is a
- Experience delineating watersheds or any other hydrologic or hydraulic modeling skills a plus.
- Practical experience in conducting annual monitoring of stream and/or wetland restoration projects including data collection, data reduction and report preparation preferred.
- Experience in restoration ecology, fluvial geomorphology, stream and/or aquatic ecology including stream functions and functional
- Knowledge of local, state, federal regulations related to ecosystem restoration, Section 404 based mitigation and/or TMDL/MS4 compliance (Maryland or Chesapeake Bay State experience strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of basic principles and approach to development of green infrastructure and/or stormwater best management (BMP) practices or
Strong organizational, research and technical writing skills are required, including the ability to find solutions to complex problems and develop repeatable workflows. Must be able to work in team settings as well as independently with minimal supervision and direction on multiple projects, at times concurrently. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients. Successful candidates will possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, passion for and devotion to the ecosystem restoration profession.
GreenVest is an equal opportunity employer, salary and benefits will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and skills. Details of the GreenVest benefits package will be shared with qualified candidates and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.comBack to careers