GreenVest seeks a full-time Ecosystem Restoration Specialist to work in the challenging and rewarding field of ecosystem restoration. The successful candidate would be based out of either GreenVest’s Bowie or Baltimore, Maryland office although a large percentage of their time will be spent on GreenVest’s restoration sites. GreenVest is an entrepreneurial, land-based, resilience and restoration practitioner focused on developing ecological assets through stream and wetland restoration, stormwater management, and land preservation. We are a widely recognized expert in fully delivering fixed-price, resilient, nature-based solutions. While we are a for-profit company, our goal is to restore and conserve the environment not only to improve habitat and water quality, but quality of life.
GreenVest seeks an energetic and self-motivated candidate with experience in aquatic ecosystem restoration with an emphasis on stream restoration, wetland restoration, reforestation, living shoreline, and/or stormwater management. The qualified candidate must display the ability to work in physically challenging outdoor settings, as their primary role will be supporting GreenVest’s maintenance and monitoring program and supervising construction of restoration and stormwater management projects. A secondary role is supporting the development of project deliverables, including monitoring reports, through the development of maps and figures.
GreenVest is a dynamic and collaborative work environment. The successful candidate must be able to work in team settings as well as independently with minimal supervision and direction on multiple projects concurrently. Additionally, the successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills, be an effective and agile critical thinker and problem solver, and effectively prioritize site maintenance and construction activities.
Minimum Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources, Environmental Science, Aquatic Ecology, Civil Engineering, or related field or High School Diploma with 5+ years’ experience in the landscaping or ecosystem restoration fields.
- Experience using MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat (or Bluebeam).
- Experience using ArcMap and/or AutoCAD.
- 3+ years professional ecosystem restoration experience. Any of the following experience is considered a plus:
- Experience in field data collection including vegetation monitoring, soil monitoring, monitoring well and stream gauge installation, automated data logger operation/installation, stream monitoring, survey, and GPS-based sampling.
- Experience in data reduction, analysis, and reporting.
- Wetland and forest stand delineation.
- Construction, construction supervision, and site maintenance experience.
- Landscaping experience including planting, seeding, and watering.
- Experience soliciting and managing vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Experience with implementation of adaptive management in construction and maintenance activities.
- Experience with non-native and invasive plant identification and management.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in physically challenging outdoor settings.
- Effective communication, organization, and technical writing skills with high standards of quality.
GreenVest is an equal opportunity employer, salary and benefits will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and skills. Details of the GreenVest benefits package will be shared with qualified candidates and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.