GreenVest is an entrepreneurial, land-based, resilience and restoration practitioner who principally develops nature-based solutions focused primarily on managing stormwater and improving aquatic ecosystem function. We are a widely recognized expert in fully delivering fixed-price, resilient, nature-based solutions. While we are a for-profit company, our goal is to restore and conserve the environment not only to improve habitat and water quality but quality of life.
GreenVest seeks a full-time Project Manager and/or Senior Project Manager to work in the challenging and rewarding field of ecosystem restoration. The successful candidate could be based out of GreenVest’s Bowie or Baltimore, Maryland office. This is both a field and office-based position, supporting oversight of GreenVest’s restoration and nature-based resilience sites throughout the project lifespan.
GreenVest seeks an energetic and motivated candidate with knowledge and experience in ecological restoration with direct experience managing ecosystem restoration projects and programs. Demonstrated experience in successfully managing large scale ecosystem restoration projects, while maintaining attention to detail and high standards of quality, is a must.
GreenVest is a dynamic and collaborative work environment. The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills capable of effectively working with and motivating staff, external partners, clients, and key stakeholders. The candidate must be able to work in collaborative team settings as well as independently with minimal supervision and direction on multiple projects concurrently. Additionally, the successful candidate must demonstrate strong communication skills, business acumen, and be an effective critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
Minimum Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate must have a passion for the environment, positive attitude, strong work ethic, be able to work in a demanding and dynamic work environment and have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources, Environmental Science, Aquatic Ecology, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience for Project Managers and 10+ years of Project Management experience for Senior Project Managers.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills with high standards of quality.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience using ArcMap and/or AutoCAD and project and/or resource management software and tools is a plus.
- Ability and capacity to manage sub-consultants, subcontractors, and specific project tasks (including the development of related deliverables) through completion on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to oversee staff and support and/or collaborate with senior staff in advancing GreenVest’s restoration projects or business development initiatives.
- Ability to work in physically challenging outdoor settings.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Management of aquatic ecosystem restoration programs or projects with an emphasis on wetland, stream, and living shoreline restoration and stormwater management.
- Experience leading or managing ecosystem restoration construction oversight.
- Experience developing and tracking project budgets and preparing or assisting in the preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Experience identifying and assessing the feasibility of restoration sites.
- Experience in wetland and stream functional assessment.
- Knowledge of permitting requirements (local, state and federal) and experience in preparing, submitting applications and securing permits for ecosystem restoration projects with specific experience in Maryland.
- Experience in post-construction monitoring data reduction, analysis, and report development.
GreenVest is an equal opportunity employer, salary and benefits will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and skills. Details of the GreenVest benefits package will be shared with qualified candidates and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.