Project Manager – Ecosystem Restoration, Maryland
GreenVest seeks a full-time Project Manager and/or Senior Project Manager to work in the challenging and rewarding field of ecosystem restoration. The successful candidate would be primarily based out of GreenVest’s Bowie, Maryland office with flexibility to split time between GreenVest’s Bowie and Baltimore offices. GreenVest is an entrepreneurial, land-based, resilience and restoration practitioner focused on developing ecological assets. We are a widely recognized expert in fully delivering fixed-price, resilient, nature-based solutions. While we are a for-profit company, our goal is to restore and conserve the environment not only to improve habitat and water quality but quality of life.
GreenVest seeks an energetic and motivated candidate with knowledge and experience in ecological restoration with direct experience managing ecosystem restoration projects and programs. Demonstrated experience in successfully managing large scale ecosystem restoration projects, while maintaining attention to detail and high standards of quality, is a must. The ideal candidate would have strong interpersonal skills capable of effectively working with and motivating staff, external partners, clients, and key stakeholders. Must be able to work in collaborative team settings as well as independently with minimal supervision and direction on multiple projects concurrently. Must possess the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues and clients. Be an effective critical thinker and contain problem-solving skills. Have a strong work ethic, with a willingness to put in the time required when its required. Be a strategic thinker dynamically applying skills and experience working equally well in independent or in team settings. Strong preference will be given for the candidate that has strong business acumen and an understanding of the ecosystem services industry.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Minimum Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources, Environmental Science, Aquatic Ecology, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Direct professional experience in managing ecosystem restoration projects including staff, sub-contractors and budgets 5+ years for Project Managers and 10+ years for Senior Project Managers.
- Direct experience managing aquatic ecosystem restoration programs or projects with an emphasis on wetland, stream and living shoreline restoration.
- Direct experience managing stormwater management programs or projects.
- Green infrastructure and/or stormwater management design and implementation including development of ecosystem and community resiliency.
- Ability and capacity to manage sub-consultants, subcontractors, and specific project tasks (including the development of related deliverables) through completion on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience developing and tracking project budgets and preparing or assisting in the preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Ability to contribute in the development of restoration, mitigation proposals or other related regulatory approvals, as well as conceptual and final restoration plans.
- Experience identifying and assessing the feasibility of restoration sites, with a preference for direct experience in wetland or stream systems.
- Wetland and stream functional assessment experience.
- Knowledge of permitting requirements (local, state and federal) and experience in preparing, submitting applications and securing permits for ecosystem restoration projects is a plus with specific experience in Maryland strongly preferred.
- Ecosystem restoration construction oversight including: contract administration, construction verification and quality control, and soil erosion and sediment control inspection and compliance is a plus.
- Post-construction monitoring, including adherence to project-specific performance standards and monitoring protocols.
- Monitoring data reduction, analysis, and report development. Preference for direct experience in monitoring stream restoration projects.
- Ability to oversee staff and support and/or collaborate with senior staff in advancing GreenVest’s restoration projects or business development initiatives.
- Effective communication, organization and technical writing skills with high standards of quality.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- Desirable software skills include Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, MS Project, ArcMap and basic AutoCAD
GreenVest is an equal opportunity employer, salary and benefits will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and skills. Details of the GreenVest benefits package will be shared with qualified candidates and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.Recent Posts